Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thing#9:More Flickr Fun

I'm anticipating spending more time with Flickr from now on. I clicked into FD's Flickr Toys and spent a lot of time looking around and playing with the different toys. I loved the captioner, and uploaded a picture of my grandson giving his grandpa a big hug and I added a comic book bubble caption to it, then saved it and printed it off. What a great idea for scrap booking or making cards. You can also choose from a category of stamps and add a ready made shape and caption of your choosing to your image. For example, there was one that said VOTE in a patriotic design theme.
I wonder how much time it would take to create an entire scrapbook using this feature, instead of the regular photo books that have you add captions below or to the side of the photo instead of actually in it. The disadvantage is that if you crop your photos close like I do, there isn't a lot of room for the bubble caption. One advantage is that you could use the bubble to cover up unwanted objects in the picture rather than cloning them out with your photo editing software.
I also saw options for making a movie poster, a mosaic (interesting but not too impressive), a CD cover, a photo cube you could print out and fold yourself, and an option to view your Flickr images on an all black background, which is my favorite option as I think it makes the colors pop more than white.

No comments:

Post a Comment