Monday, January 26, 2009

Thing#21 YouTube

I checked out the "Most Viewed" tab first and was disappointed at the offerings. I am reminded of a quote I read somewhere just recently, "There's no interest like self-interest."

Then I clicked on the Howto/style link, and found many videos on how to apply eye makeup for the smokey eye look and how to give haircuts. I wonder if they make this an assignment at beauty schools: create a YouTube video using the techniques you've learned. There was one that looked promising on how to find files and Geotag photos.

I found a great one that was created by research librarians giving a tour of their library and the services they offer. It was very well done and had great music and video. You can view it below.



One that I liked was a self-depreciating look at YouTube called "How to Annoy your Viewers." Click here to get some good tips on what not to do on YouTube:



I went to the Education section, but was disappointed in the selection even there. Four of the top eight sites had names like: PickUp Girl, How to Get the Girl, Love and Sex Trade in Jamaica, Birth at Home. I think you would have to wade through a lot to find useful information. I did come across this site on how to use an editing tool in Photoshop CS4, which could be of use in a library setting if you are taking photos to use on posters or displays. Here's that video:

No comments:

Post a Comment