Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thing #7: Finding Feeds

It was enlightening and interesting looking at the other search tools. I thought I would like Google Blog Search because I love Google, and I did, but I kept going back to Bloglines, maybe because that's what I did first and learned on.

The thing I liked about Topix.net was that it had Lincoln, NE local news come up automatically. I also liked the pictures on the side that showed the forums of different groups of people talking. I got onto one for African Americans and followed an interchange between a white supremacist and some of the African Americans. It was kind of scary.

There was a problem with the Syndic 8 website and it didn't come up when I clicked the link.

The thing I liked about Technorati was that you could choose between stories from blogs or the news, or get both. It was also interesting to see the top 100 blogs by fans, and the blog directory with topics you could select from. I noticed there was a place at the bottom of the page where you could claim your blog and enter your own blog to increase your blog visibility. They didn't have much under the photos tab, which was disappointing since I love digital photography.

I subscribed to quite a few feeds. I'm sure I'll have to weed them out as I see how much I use them and which ones I like best. It will be great to have instant information at the click of a mouse, and to be updated continually once I've found the feeds I really like and can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment