Monday, January 19, 2009

Thing#12 LibraryThing

Library Thing opens up a whole realm of possibilities. Not only can I create a catalog for my own books, but I can list a catalog of the books I've given my grandson, so I can easily check his little library to see what he already has. I usually give books as gifts on birthdays or for Christmas and can easily forget which ones he has.

I learned a lot from reading the comments left by other readers on different library subjects, and even printed out a few to stick in my files. It's helpful to read how other librarians handle situations that are similar to what I'm dealing with. I could spend a lot of time in that area of Library Thing.

Here's a link to my online library catalog:

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/LibraryLearner

No comments:

Post a Comment