Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thing #10: MagMyPic - Generating images of my grandson

The first image generator I looked at (The Generator Blog) had some novel ideas like creating a medieval name, a Christmas ornament, or upside down writing, but I didn't see anything that was useful or appealing to me.
However, the MagMyPic was fast, easy and fun. I just uploaded a photo of my newborn grandson inside a pink rose that I had already created using Paint Shop Pro, and selected a fake magazine cover called My Baby. You can position the picture the way you want it on the cover, and then post it, save it and print it, e-mail it, or even order a framed picture of it if you want. It would have been fun to be able to change the text on it, and I was disappointed that the text was low resolution and didn't print out in as high a quality as the photo.
It would be fun to create a different one for each grandchild, and then mail it to them to put in their photo albums or hang on their bulletin boards. I'll bet teens would love it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment