Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thing #8: Flickr Fun

I am so excited about the possibilities of using Flickr. Digital photography and photo editing is what I love to do on weekends, and now I have a secure place to store my photos, and an easy way to share them with others. The organizational tags are great and will make it so easy to find the photos I'm looking for. What a great tool. I like the option of making the pictures either public or private. My artistic shots that I'm proud of can go public, and shots of my adorable grandchildren can be private.
I have my home photos backed up on CD's, so if my computer crashes, I still have back up. But if there was a fire, both my CD's and my computer would be toast. This adds an extra layer of protection, as long as Flickr or other photo sharing sites stay around. I can't imagine the image storage capacity they need to keep everyone's personal photos, especially with more users like me enthusiatically signing up every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment