Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thing #15 SlideShare

Wow! Slideshare was great! I can't believe how many incredible resources are available to me free. Today our students viewed the presidential inauguration, and tomorrow I could show them one of the great slide shows on the new president as a follow up.

I uploaded a slide show of our trip to Europe to my account, but it took a long time, probably at least 25 minutes. It was under the 100 MB maximum size, but I'll remember to make it shorter next time so it doesn't take so long to download. If you are not already discouraged by my comment on the length, you can see it at:

http://www.slideshare.net/nedahe

It would be fun to have members of a tour group that traveled to the same location each post a slide show of their photos, then get together with a video projector and view all of them some evening.

I enjoyed reading the comments left and posting my own. I am sure it must be rewarding for the people who created some of these fantastic slide shows to get such a positive response of appreciation for their efforts. I'm really interesting in photography, and some of the photos in that category were breathtaking.

This is one of those sites I can browse on a Sunday afternoon for hours and never know where the time went.

No comments:

Post a Comment